- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large roasting chicken (with pop-up timer if possible, mine didnt have one and I survived)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut in thin chunks
In a small bowl, combine the spices.
Remove any giblets from chicken and clean chicken.
Rub spice mixture onto the chicken.
Place in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight. (I usually skip this step because I'm always in a hurry).
When ready to cook, put chopped onion/carrots in bottom of crock pot.
Add chicken. No liquid is needed, the chicken will make it's own juices.
Cook on low 4-8 hours.
The best part. The crock pot does the cooking for you and you get an amazing meal at the end of it all with about 10 minutes worth of work. Hows that for slaving away in the kitchen?