2.21.2009

Truth

“It is a mercy that our lives are not left for us to plan, but that our Father chooses for us; else might we sometimes turn away from our best blessings, and put from us the choicest and loveliest gifts of His providence.”- Mrs. Charles H. Spurgeon


I was going through some old notes today and I came across this quote from Charles Spurgeon's (a favorite dead guy of mine) better half and it so encouraged my soul. In the midst of circumstances that I don't understand and learning to trust God for His perfect timing, I need to be reminded of this truth. All the blessings that I have received have been given from a faithful and generous Father, they always arrive never late, never too soon, always on time.


How easy it is for me to wander from the truth and place my confidence in how I "feel." In seasons like this I often find myself coming back to these verses (do you ever have sections of Scripture that you feel like you never wander far from?).


Psalm 16 5 The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. 6 The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.


James 1 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a perfect post for me to read today! Seriously, God's timing just makes me smile. Thanks for posting this hun- I needed to be reminded of this too.

AZ Poolside at G'ma's said...

Smiles over the miles!
your MoM (loves the Psalms)

Becca said...

wonderful reminder

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs