10.25.2011

a return.

I am sure I've thought a bunch of times throughout the past few weeks about our blog. And I've ignored it. Set it aside. And I am happy to say I have. This pregnancy has simplified life a lot for me/us.

For the first time in months, I finally had a "normal" Monday of staying home, cleaning, doing laundry, and spending time with my girl. Add in a total meal fail with chili, but that couldn't derail me, I was just so happy to be back on some kind of routine. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have debilitating pregnancies as some and I certainly don't want to use our blog as a platform for pregnancy complaints, but this time around has been much harder. I have had persistent stomach issues, tiredness, the usual, all indicating a very healthy baby, but making for a very worn out Mommy.

Meals have been simple. But I finally do have a recipe to share. Little things like this do remind me that some kind of "normal" will return, I just need to be patient and wait for my body to catch up with my ambitions.

But, more than anything, I want to return. This blog has been a wonderful way for me look back and see God's faithfulness on display, life's milestones watching my girl grow up, and even my go to for remembering recipes we have loved.

I want to remember that my girl is now saying her ABC's, is counting to 10 and wants to learn the numbers to 20, loves babies, and that the new life that will join us in March is also reminding us of their existence through tiny baby kicks.

The simple, mundane, just at home moments of life are beautiful. And home is where God has me for now and I have so much to be grateful for even though my heart's ambitions sometimes want to take me other places.

This recipe that I have come to love so much (thanks to Becca's shower) could be the result of pregnancy but I think it is amazing.



Mexican Chopped Salad adapted from SELF

Salad
Mixed Greens
1 yellow/red pepper
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup freshly grated white cheddar (optional)

Dressing
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
2 TBS honey
2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
1 tsp chopped jalapeno (use canned for less heat)

Top with Quinoa with Black Beans and Tomato.

Yum and yum.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs