8.19.2010

salad dressings.


Thank you Crate&Barrel for ending my quest for the perfect salad dressing "pitcher."After searching high and low for weeks, my dreams came true and I found just the right one.

We've made some big changes in our fridge and I've almost entirely cut out buying pre-made dressings, because making your own can save a lot of money, its easy, and its really yummy. Here are some we have been enjoying...

Everyday Salad Dressing (I keep mentioning it, because it really is my new favorite thing and tastes good with so many things).

Greek Salad Dressing from Martha Stewart

Asian Vinagrette from Womens Health Magazine (I shamelessly ripped out the page at the doc office because it looked good)

1/3 cup safflower oil
1/2 tsp white vinegar
2 to 3 tsp Hoisin sauce (for GF eaters they do have GF options out there)
1 to 2 Tbs chopped scallions
Puree all the ingredients together in a blender and add s&p to taste.
*Seth actually requests this dressing when I make salad. Huge progress from my non salad eating boy.

Happy Salad Eating!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Can't wait to try these recipes! We started eating home made salad dressing when we went gf and haven't looked back since! :-)

The Nutters! said...

LOL - dr.'s office vandalism. :)
We liked your salad dressing too, and now I can have the recipe. One that I make alot is Dijon mustard mixed with olive oil and whatever vinegar you want like red wine or balsamic. You can add chopped or powdered garlic too if you want but it's tasty even without that. It's a nice basic vinaigrette.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs