8.28.2007

My Favorite Time of Day

You know as a 4 year old kid how you would watch the clock for the minute that your birthday party would start and all your friends would come? Or in middle school sitting in class watching the clock for the bell to ring? Or in high school you counted the days for your graduation day to come? Well I count the minutes, almost every day of the week waiting for my love to come home to me. Even knowing that he is miles from home its a comfort, just to know he is coming. Nothing is better than the sight of his big black truck pulling up the street, sometimes if I stand and watch I am overcome with joy at seeing my lovey that I take off running out into the street (often sans shoes) just so I can great my boy and throw my arms around him and give him a huge hug and kisses.

Being such a hard working boy he often smells of paint, clear coat, and in these past summer months is covered with sweat, but I love every minute of our sweet "hello." Some days its early and other days its late, where I will often call him multiple times on his drive home just to tell him that I love him and miss him so.

As sweet as our reunion is and as it fills me with such joy, the greater joy we can know is in our Father, that some day, we will be reunited with Him in heaven. What an amazing place we have to long for where there will be no more pain, no more sadness, no more suffering, no more fear, and no more death. I want to long for heaven like the Davis' do and learn from their example.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs