but the drought is over.
I'm a pretty picky soup eater. but this one's a winner.
red pepper soup with basil cream from country living
- 3 clove(s) (small) garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 can(s) (15-ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1 jar(s) (12-ounce) marinated roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) packed fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh basil, for basil cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- Sauté garlic and onion with olive oil in large pot over medium heat for 6 minutes. Add tomatoes, red peppers, and chicken broth. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, and sugar and puree in a blender or food processor.
- For basil cream, stir sour cream and heavy cream together with chopped basil and salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve soup with dollop of basil cream and chopped basil.