last night I found myself subjected to the insanity of last minute shoppers and item grabbers in not just one, but three stores. the shelves were picked bare and even walmart had entirely run out of basic cooking essentials like chocolate chips (dont even ask why I was in there) and you couldn't find a single box of candy canes in target. sigh.
for one who did most of my christmas shopping online this year, this was a shock to the system and one that I don't think I will ever repeat. I learned my lesson. not doing that again.
thankfully prior to the insanity we were able to enjoy a wonderful recipe from real simple that I just had to share.
coconut chicken and rice
serves 8 (I halved it)
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- zest from 2 limes
- 3 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice from 2 limes
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
while that is set and going, make this stuff too...
spicy peanut sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (2)
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
be happy. eat good food. forget in store shopping. and reconsider spending the money for amazon next day shipping. you wont be sad. i promise.
and last but not least. merry christmas from us to you!
we celebrate God sending his perfect Son, Jesus.
who saved us from our sin.
and gives us new life in Him.
and that is why we have peace, love, and joy this holiday season.
isaiah 9:6 for unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.