- We have moved a total of three times
- We have seen many more of our friends get married (somewhat expectedly and others much to our surprise)
- We bought our first home
- Thought about buying a dog (and decided against it)
- Visited our families that were once unfamiliar faces, have now become so dear.
- Have seen some dear friends go home to be with the Lord.
- We have laughed together more than I ever thought we could.
- I learned how to cook. (Miracle!)
- Marriage has also made me hit the snooze button like I never did before.
- We have walked through trials and seen the faithfulness of our God in new and amazing ways in how he has provide for our every need.
This was probably one of the most surreal moments of my life. Putting on "the dress" and finally being the bride. I was so excited and happy and couldn't wait to see Seth and 4 more hours felt like an eternity.
My amazing ladies and friends. (From L-R) Meesh is in India caring for all kinds of people through Doctors without Borders and I miss her so. Bec, is my constant and faithful best friend that I don't deserve and can't imagine my life without. Jess/Bunny is one of the dearest friends I know and spent my whole birthday day with me just because. Patrish is the one that Seth and I actually talked about on our honeymoon, because her then "friend" (now husband!) Nathan really seemed to take a marked interest in her the night before our wedding at the rehearsal dinner that resulted in her having a "I just dont know if he likes me, he is probably just being my friend" melt down in my room the night before I got married. Erin, my ever faithful G-mail chat companion who asks me how my day is and I am so grateful to have her in my life to lighten tough days and to talk fashion/decorating with. Char Monster/Carly, my dearest friend from far away who won't be too far for long. We met on a beach in San Diego and pretty much became BFF's from day one. I want to be like her in so many ways. My life is richer because of all of your friendships.My dearest Mom, and biggest fan. I can't imagine my wedding day without her. She perservered in spite of sickness and was one of the prettiest ladies there. It brings me so much joy to see the love that she has for Seth. She respects, cherishes, and loves him just like he was her own and its so sweet to see. It's neat to see the answer to my Mom's prayers in Seth. God knew what was best for me and our family and I am so glad that they appreciate each other so much.
While the guys were out in the snow having fun, I was a nervous wreck and tried desperately to distract myself with my favorite game of cards to no avail.
More Moms. I am so grateful to God for Seth's Mom, Lori. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't have Seth. She did such a good job raising my boy and it shows. He is one of the sweetest, kindest, gentlest, and funny men I have ever known and I couldn't thank he enough for it. Not to mention she always remembers birthdays, holidays and everything else in between and really takes an interest in our lives even from far away.
Seth and all his dudes.