12.21.2008

Spinach Dipped

Tis the season for holiday parties and holiday food. I made this spinach dip recipe for two parties and it was a huge hit (meaning I didn't go home with any leftover). After receiving many requests for the recipe, I am posting, courtesy of Alton Brown at the Food Network.
  • 1 cup thawed, chopped frozen spinach
  • 11/2 cups thawed, chopped frozen artichoke hearts
  • 6 ounces cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Boil spinach and artichokes in 1 cup of water until tender and drain. Discard liquid. Heat cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute or until hot and soft. Stir in rest of ingredients, bake at 350 for 30-45minutes until heated throughout.

*As a note, I doubled the recipe, to feed a crowd.

And because I can, I love to give thanks for my dear man who has made this holiday season so special. Being on a much smaller budget this year, he has blessed me in sweet and unexpected ways and just being able to spend time with him is a gift in and of itself. He is one of my greatest delights. Aside from celebrating the birth of our Savior, Seth, your love is the most precious thing to me this Christmas season. Your joy and enthusiasm for life is contagious and I can't imagine life without you by my side.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs